Give a Winning Presentation
Planning the approach
- Research the audience: three key questions to which audiences want answers.
- “What do people want to hear?” rather than “What am I going to say?”
- Time-saving approaches to structuring a presentation and making the content relevant.
- How to grab and retain the attention of an audience even with a boring or complex legal topic.
Preparing yourself, notes, visual aids and documents
- Overcoming nerves; good oral projection; positive body language.
- Interesting, helpful and legible visual aids.
- How to make the most of documents and handouts.
- Practising effectively with the minimum effort.
Preparing for questions and answers
- Anticipating and preparing answers to “nice”, “nasty” and “scenario” questions.
- Handling difficult questioners with confidence.
Each person gives a presentation and answers questions, which are filmed and from which positive, constructive, personalised feedback is given to the lawyers.
Sign Up to PEP E-news
Have you ever:
- Asked yourself, “How can I get away from this boring person?”
- Forgotten somebody’s name as soon as you are introduced?
- Not known what to say, after you have been introduced?
- Felt like a pushy salesman when trying to follow-up?
If your answer to any one of these questions is “Yes”, then Pippa’s pocket guide is a must for you.
Skills & Training
For the public and legal sector we provide skills development through bespoke training and coaching services which we tailor-make to your requirements. We cover a wide range of training on management, business development, project and risk management. We provide this in-house and through webcasts and conference calls.
Please contact us. We should be delighted to help. >>
The PEP Partnership LLP is owned and managed by Bill and Pippa Blakemore.
Portrait photos taken by Nick Atkins
Our Point of View