The PEP Partnership LLP team has more than years of sales, marketing and business development experience. The guidance we provide has been successfully used by individuals worldwide, at every level of seniority.
Bill Blakemore LLB, MSc
Partner in The PEP Partnership LLP, and former practicing barrister.
Bill provides training and personal development coaching to a variety of clients who are looking to improve their management skills.
Bill specialises in the creation, development and implementation of public sector projects in the UK and EU. He is a specialist in EU funding issues and also works as an independent project evaluator for the European Commission.
- Bill is currently the manager for the SPARKS Network, www.sparksnet.org, an association of local authorities and other bodies concerned with cross-border traffic enforcement.
- Bill obtained funding from the European Commission to support a legal research project within SPARKS, and he has been involved in lobbying MP’s, the UK and other governments, members of the European Parliament as well as officials in the Commission as part of the programme.
- Bill is also involved in training government officials from developing countries in management best practice. Bill’s training specialisms include the development of business cases, management of risk, project management, community relations and public affairs.
- Until 2004 Bill was a senior manager with BT Government, the customer facing unit of BT Group plc, where he worked extensively with UK public sector clients.
Bill has a Master of Science degree in business administration from City University and a Bachelor of Laws degree from Bristol University. He qualified as a barrister in .
Pippa Blakemore, BSc, PGCE
Partner in The PEP Partnership LLP, specialises in the provision of marketing and business development skills to barristers and solicitors.
Pippa is a leading international expert in business development, marketing and sales for lawyers. Pippa has worked for more than 60 law firm clients helping them on more than 90 winning pitch presentations.
She works as an Interim director of Marketing and Business Development for law firms on a strategic, managerial and project basis. She coaches partners, solicitors and barristers to increase their success in every aspect of winning new business and winning more business from current clients, by developing their marketing, sales and management skills. She works with lawyers on every aspect of winning and keeping clients including workshops on presentation skills, working the room and effective client care.
Pippa has given presentations and run workshops for lawyers worldwide, and has run sessions at the International Bar Association Conferences in Amsterdam in 2000, New Zealand in 2004, Prague 2005, Chicago 2006, Singapore 2007, Buenos Aires 2008, Madrid in 2009, Vancouver 2010 and will be doing so in Dubai in 2011.
Pippa set up The PEP Partnership through cold calling in 1985. She was immediately taken on by The London Stock Exchange and several law firms. Pippa is a Freeman of The Worshipful Company of Marketors and on the Court of the Worshipful Company of Wax Chandlers.
Clients Pippa has worked with include:
- Law Firms: regional, national and international, including Freshfields; Baker & McKenzie; Lawrence Graham; Stephenson Harwood; Berwin Leighton Paisner; Denton Wilde Sapte; Speechly Bircham; Buchanan Ingersoll and Weil, Gotshal & Manges.
- Barristers’ Chambers: 2 Temple Gardens.
- Financial Services including the London Stock Exchange; JP Morgan Investment Management Inc; The Securities and Investments Board; Coutts & Co; Fidelity Asset Management; and Enskilda Bank (in Sweden).
- Commerce and Industry including British Telecom; Datastream; Dun & Bradstreet and Sovereign Oil & Gas.
- Public and Voluntary sectors including Save the Children; The Probation Service; National Association of Citizens Advice Bureaux; University of the Third Age; CfBT Advice & Guidance and the Rural Development Commission
- Leading individuals in City institutions, including presentation work for a Lord Mayor of London.
Pippa has had her work on marketing and training for lawyers, European politics and education, food and wine published widely in books and articles. Before setting up the PEP Partnership Pippa worked in commercial organisations such as a management consultancy, a public relations consultancy and Geest Industries. Pippa graduated from the University of Bristol in Politics, where she also obtained a Post Graduate Certificate in Education in History.
The PEP Partnership LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership, registered in England & Wales, No. OC, registered office:
Sign Up to PEP E-news
Have you ever:
- Asked yourself, “How can I get away from this boring person?”
- Forgotten somebody’s name as soon as you are introduced?
- Not known what to say, after you have been introduced?
- Felt like a pushy salesman when trying to follow-up?
If your answer to any one of these questions is “Yes”, then Pippa’s pocket guide is a must for you.
Skills & Training
For the public and legal sector we provide skills development through bespoke training and coaching services which we tailor-make to your requirements. We cover a wide range of training on management, business development, project and risk management. We provide this in-house and through webcasts and conference calls.
Please contact us. We should be delighted to help. >>
The PEP Partnership LLP is owned and managed by Bill and Pippa Blakemore.
Portrait photos taken by Nick Atkins
Our Point of View