Team Development and Performance
Objectives of this workshop
These are to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills of the delegates and to lay the groundwork for even more effective team functioning in the future by:
- Giving participants an understanding of :
- roles required to create a complete team
- skills needed to contribute to an effective team
- the characteristics of productive teams
- what makes teams dysfunctional
- the essential components of teamwork
- what motivates and de-motivates people
- Developing an approach to solving problems and resolving conflicts within teams.
- Practising teambuilding and teamwork skills.
Outline of the workshop
- What is a team?
- What differentiates teams from groups of individuals?
- Characteristics of an effective team
- 7 roles required in effective teams
- Leadership and teams
- 4 stages of team creation
- Problems in teams
- 10 point plan to solve team problems
- Preventing problem recurrence
- People in teams
- Belbin theory
- Motivation in teams
- Why teamwork is important
- Teams and Organisations
Sign Up to PEP E-news
Have you ever:
- Asked yourself, “How can I get away from this boring person?”
- Forgotten somebody’s name as soon as you are introduced?
- Not known what to say, after you have been introduced?
- Felt like a pushy salesman when trying to follow-up?
If your answer to any one of these questions is “Yes”, then Pippa’s pocket guide is a must for you.
Skills & Training
For the public and legal sector we provide skills development through bespoke training and coaching services which we tailor-make to your requirements. We cover a wide range of training on management, business development, project and risk management. We provide this in-house and through webcasts and conference calls.
Please contact us. We should be delighted to help. >>
The PEP Partnership LLP is owned and managed by Bill and Pippa Blakemore.
Portrait photos taken by Nick Atkins
Our Point of View