News & Key Events
Leadership for Lawyers - Lisbon - June 2017
25 April 2017
Pippa will be jointly presenting a 2 day workshop on "Leadership, Management and Marketing of a Law Firm " on Thursday 1st and Friday 2nd June 2017 in Lisbon, Portugal for Union Internationale des Avocats (UIA).
She is presenting with Tiago Marreiros Moreira, President of the UIA Management of Law Firms Commission (Vieira de Almeida & Associados - Sociedade de Advogados, RL, Portugal)"
Pippa and Tiago will focus on assisting law firms to win, keep and grow their clients and referrers. They will concentrate on refreshing and revising your knowledge; develop practical and relevant skills and acquire time-saving tips and techniques. They will apply all these to help your law firm to achieve its vision, goals and objectives cost-effectively.
The workshop is designed for:
- Senior partners, Managing Partners, heads of department, team leaders, supervisors, practising lawyers, office managers, practice managers,
- Marketing partners, head of marketing, heads of business development and team leaders.
- All members of the law firm who want to develop their skills in leadership, management, marketing and communication of his/her firm, department or own practice
- All those who advise lawyers on these skills.
Pippa at IBA Sydney - 8-13 October 2017
25 April 2017
Pippa will be presenting four sessions at the International Bar Association Annual Conference in Sydney in October 2017.
Pippa is running the "Conference newcomer orientation workshop" which will be a lively and participative introduction to the IBA and the Annual Conference in Sydney.
During the week she will be conducting three sessions on how to win more work:
- "Turn contacts into clients and referrers: COPACABANA" - on Monday afternoon
- "Grow and keep clients: RAINBOW" - on Wednesday afternoon
- "Give powerful presentation" - on Thursday afternoon
These highly inter-active, lively and entertaining workshops gave practical tips and tailor-made advice to lawyers and attorneys on:
- overcoming the challenges of networking without feeling uncomfortably "pushy"
- asking for the work with enthusiasm, rather than desperation
- building and strengthening relationships with current clients and referrers
The Presentation session on Thursday afternoon will include being filmed giving a presentation with feedback from Pippa and included tips on how win Beauty Parades and Dog and Pony shows.
Networking for Lawyers - Buy Pippa's Book Now
25 April 2017
Pippa's book "Networking for Lawyers - the Pocket Guide to building new business relationships" is an essential networking manual for all lawyers.
Read more about the book here or buy it now for £9.95 plus p+p
Contract & Tender Management in Abu Dhabi
09 January 2012
Bill ran a successful training course in bu Dhabi just before Christmas for delegates from a subsidiary of the national petroleum company. The week long programme covered the essentials of contracts, procurement principles, the tender initiation and evaluation process, and negotiation skills.
"Demystifying the EU" - Bill at the IPT
17 November 2009
Bill spoke at an Industry & Parliament Trust event on Tuesday 17th November at Scotland House in Brussels.
The event, which was part of the IPT's European Study Programme for Industry, was attended by executives and officials from the UK private and public sectors.
Bill's session, entitled entitled "From Theory to Practice," included
- working examples of cooperation with the European Commission
- Recommendations of how to influence European legislation
- Networking on the Brussels scene and demystifying the process
Bill's presentation can viewed here.
Webcast with Ministry of Justice & EC
07 October 2009
The PEP Partnership set up and chaired a webcast with officials from the UK Ministry of Justice and the European Commission to discuss the new rules on cross-border fines enforcement.
The webcast, on Friday th October, broadcast live over the web to a global audience. Delegates registered for the event represented more than 60 organisations from many EU member states including the UK, Ireland, the Netherlands, Malta and Belgium, Lithuania and the Czech Republic.
Details of the event are available here:
Full Webcast details here: http://bit.ly/sparks-webcast
Audio only playback here:
The webcast is part of the SPARKS Network activities that the PEP Partnership manages.
Sign Up to PEP E-news
Have you ever:
- Asked yourself, “How can I get away from this boring person?”
- Forgotten somebody’s name as soon as you are introduced?
- Not known what to say, after you have been introduced?
- Felt like a pushy salesman when trying to follow-up?
If your answer to any one of these questions is “Yes”, then Pippa’s pocket guide is a must for you.
Skills & Training
For the public and legal sector we provide skills development through bespoke training and coaching services which we tailor-make to your requirements. We cover a wide range of training on management, business development, project and risk management. We provide this in-house and through webcasts and conference calls.
Please contact us. We should be delighted to help. >>
The PEP Partnership LLP is owned and managed by Bill and Pippa Blakemore.
Portrait photos taken by Nick Atkins
Our Point of View