Productive networking nationally and internationally
Content for half-day course for 8 – 10 lawyers
Networking nationally and internationally
- The Copacabana approach to international networking.
- Researching countries, cultures, customs and ways of doing business.
- Briefing before an event.
- Key messages about your firm.
- Preparation of business cards.
- Overcoming nerves and reservations about networking.
Networking confidently at the event
- Understanding cultural differences in building relationships.
- How to shake hands, appropriate facial gestures and use of personal space.
- How to join a group, to introduce yourself and to remember names.
- What to say after saying “Hello” and how to keep a conversation going.
- Dealing with difficult questions, for example, not about your practice area.
- How to read body language and project positive body language.
- How to leave a boring person and how to leave a group.
- Business cards: giving and receiving easily without causing offence.
- When to start talking about business and overcoming the feeling “I can’t make small talk.”
- Asking appropriate questions, listening for “hooks” and asking permission to stay in touch.
- How to follow-up without being “pushy” or feeling like a salesman.
- How to make time for systematic and long-term follow-up.
- Building relationships which turn contacts into clients and referrers.
- Top ten tips and top ten traps.
Sign Up to PEP E-news
Have you ever:
- Asked yourself, “How can I get away from this boring person?”
- Forgotten somebody’s name as soon as you are introduced?
- Not known what to say, after you have been introduced?
- Felt like a pushy salesman when trying to follow-up?
If your answer to any one of these questions is “Yes”, then Pippa’s pocket guide is a must for you.
Skills & Training
For the public and legal sector we provide skills development through bespoke training and coaching services which we tailor-make to your requirements. We cover a wide range of training on management, business development, project and risk management. We provide this in-house and through webcasts and conference calls.
Please contact us. We should be delighted to help. >>
The PEP Partnership LLP is owned and managed by Bill and Pippa Blakemore.
Portrait photos taken by Nick Atkins
Our Point of View